The Legislative District 13 Democrats hold recurring meetings and events. Dates, times, and locations are subject to change. Stay updated on changes by checking back here.
LD13 Citizens Clean Elections Debate 🗳
Tuesday, 24 May 2022, 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The Citizens Clean Elections Commission will host a LD13 Candidate Debate on AZ PBS 8. This will also be broadcast live on YouTube. Click Here to Watch Live on YouTube
- Cindy Hans (D) - State Senator
- Michael Morris (D) - State Senator
- Josh Askey (R) - State Representative
- Ron Hardin (R) - State Representative
- Liz Harris (R) - State Representative
LD13 Monthly Meeting
Tuesday, 07 June 2022, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Monthly meeting for LD13 Democrats on Zoom
6:30pm - 7:00pm: Networking and socializing
7:00pm - 8:30pm: Business meeting and speakers
This month's guest speakers:
- Laura Metcalfe, East Valley Institute of Technology Governing Board Candidate
- Jennifer Pawlik, LD13 AZ House Rep
- Michael Morris, Candidate for AZ Senate, LD13
- Cindy Hans, Candidate for AZ Senate, LD13
- Jane Poston, Candidate for Chandler City Council
- Matt Orlando, Candidate for Chandler City Council
- OD Harris - Chandler City Council
Sun Lakes Democratic Club
Monday, 13 June 2022, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 E Sun Lakes Blvd N, Chandler, AZ 85248, USA
Monthly meeting for Sun Lakes Democratic Club.
6:30pm - 7:00pm:
Socializing and networking
7:00pm - 8:30pm:
Meeting and guest speakers
This will be a hybrid meeting – in person, Navajo Room, Sun Lakes Country Club, or via Zoom.
- Kathy Hoffman, AZ Superintendent of Public Instruction: Ms. Hoffman, current Superintendent elected in 2018, and is running for re-election this fall. She has spent her entire career working in public education, first as a pre-school teacher and then as a speech-language pathologist.
- Aaron Lieberman, Candidate for AZ Governor: Formerly a House Representative from LD28, Mr. Lieberman is also a business man founding two companies, Jumpstart and Acelero, helping nearly 1 million children to be prepared for school. Noted for his work across the aisle in the Legislature, he will do the same as governor to advance education in Arizona.
- Jennifer Pawlik, LD 13 AZ House Representative: Rep. Pawlik will update us on the 2022 Legislature still in session. As a teacher, she will provide insight to the status of education in our state and why she is running for re-election as a LD13 House Representative.
- Cindy Hans and Michael Morris: Ms. Hans and Mr. Morris are in a contested primary for Democratic nomination for the LD13 AZ Senate Seat.
- Also in attendance will be Chandler City Council, Chandler Unified School District School Board and Maricopa County Community College candidates to address those races in 2022.
We support Matthew’s Crossing Food Bank. A drop-off point for Food Donations will be set up at meeting time in the parking lot. Monetary Donations can be made by mail or dropped off at 1368 N. Arizona Ave, Unit 112, Chandler, 85225 or online at https://matthewscrossing.org. You can receive a receipt for the dollar-for-dollar tax deductible donation.